The skin around the eyes is some of the first to show clear signs of aging. Bags under the eyes and droopy eyelids can make people look older and more tired than they are. In some cases, sagging skin around the eyes can impair your vision. At Eyeplastics, we have years of experience performing cosmetic surgery to enhance the appearance of our patients’ eyes while also improving vision. Through cosmetic surgery, we can also help to improve the functioning and appearance of your eyes following a deformity, disease, or injury.
Types of Cosmetic Surgery That We Offer
If you have not received your desired results through non-surgical treatments, blepharoplasty might be the best option for you. We can perform this kind of surgery on your lower eyelid, your upper eyelid, or both. Ptosis refers to a kind of droopy eyelid that is caused by weakened muscles in the upper eyelid. It can affect your peripheral vision and making it difficult for you to drive and read. Fortunately, through ptosis surgery, we can tighten the muscles by making a small cut at the crease of your upper eyelid.
What Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery Can Treat?
- Excess fine wrinkles and skin of the lower eyelid
- Drooping lower eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Fatty deposits which cause puffiness in the eyelids
- Sagging or loose skin that disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid and can contribute to impaired vision
Who Is the Best Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
- People without serious eye illness
- People with realistic goals and a positive outlook
- Healthy people without medical conditions that can hinder healing
Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery Consultation
Once you visit our facility for eyelid surgery, be prepared to discuss the following information with our cosmetic surgeon:
- Your previous surgeries
- Current prescription medications and drug use including herbal supplements, vitamins, tobacco, and alcohol
- Medical conditions including previous medical treatments, drug allergies, and any past problems you have had with your eyes
- Your expectations undergoing surgery
Our cosmetic surgeon will also:
- Examine you to determine your general health status and the likeliness of complications
- Discuss the available eyelid surgery options that we provide at Eyeplastics
- Take photographs of your eyes
- Recommend the treatment which meets your needs
Contact Eye Plastics for Blepharoplasty and Eyelid Surgery
For more information on ptosis, blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery, or to schedule an appointment with our eye doctor, call Eyeplastics at (847) 823-2127.